You are here
Application Fee Waiver Programs
To be eligible for a FreeApp waiver, you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Have completed a bachelor's degree by the August preceding enrollment in the graduate program;
- Have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale);
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of theU.S.;
- Intend to pursue an academic and/or research career;
- Apply for admission to a Ph.D. program or Master of Fine Arts program;
FreeApp waivers are granted on a case-by-case basis. For UIC eligibility, students must meet ONE OR MORE or the following criteria:
- Belong to a traditionally underrepresented group in the chosen field of study;
- Have participated in SROP;
- Have participated in Howard Hughes, McNair, NIH (MARC or RISE), NSF (LSAMP or REU), NIMH-COR and/or the National Name Exchange (NNE);
- Have received a Pell grant;
- Have participated in the UIC Pathways to Success Program
The UIC FreeAPP program is designed to expand participation of underrepresented students in graduate education. The UIC FreeApp request must be completed (in most instances the latest for consideration) by March 1st.
Through this program, prospective applicants must apply through the following link: https://uofi.uic.edu/fb/sec/8640493
Once approved, participants are still required to complete theUICGraduateCollegeapplication and indicate that they qualified for the UIC FreeApp.
If you have any questions regarding the UIC FreeApp, please contact Demetria Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (312) 413-2559. Please note that because of the SOPHAS system, we are currently unable to provide application fee waivers to the UIC School of Public Health graduate programs!