You are here

Who is required to take a PE?

ITA Homepage     Back to PE Info     English Development Courses

Any ITA or prospective ITA who is registered for GC 510/511 is required to take a PE at the end of the semester in order to receive Oral Certification.

The only exceptions include:

  • ITAs who have already been certified through an OCI or previously completed PE with a score of 50 or above
  • International graduate students who are ineligible for a teaching assistantship