Student Recruitment & Admission Information for Faculty/Staff
Click here for various recruitment resources (Bluestem protected)
U of I Admissions Reform
Latest information for faculty and staff (Bluestem protected)
[last updated 03 November 2009]
Enrollment Management Suite
UIC is in the process of purchasing and implementing an Enrollment Management Suite for undergraduate and graduate student management.
Click here for the latest information (Bluestem protected)
Revised GRE General Test
Educational Testing Services (ETS) will be revising the GRE General Test. ETS states that the new test will be launched August 1, 2011. This will impact some applicants for Fall 2011, although later terms will show heavier usage. Test takers will have a free prep test available to them beginning July 2010. For more information see http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general_institutions/.
Changes to I-20 Process
Memo from James Hammerschmidt (OIS) and Tom Glenn (Admissions)
18 November 2009
Application for Student Admission - Information, Form & Changes
- 2011 application - Changes in application information - deadlines, requirements, contact information, etc.
- 2010 application - Changes in application information - deadlines, requirements, contact information, etc.
- 2009 application - Changes in application information - deadlines, requirements, contact information, etc.
- 2008 application - Changes in application information - deadlines, requirements, contact information, etc.
UIC Connect is an informational site for admitted applicants to become familiar with UIC and to take them from admitted status through registered student.
- UIC Connect overview and presentation, Phase I (Bluestem protected)
- UIC Connect Phase II information (Bluestem protected)
- UIC Connect Phase IV Program-Specific Links (Bluestem Protected)
GradView: Application for Student Admission - Email Notification/View & Search/View
GradView provides authorized faculty and staff to receive email notification when an applicant submits a online (but not paper) application to your program(s). The email contains a url where all data from the individual's application is available for viewing and printing.
In addition, authorized faculty and staff may also search by various parameters and view/print all submitted web applications to their program(s).
- Information on email notification/view of student web applications submitted to UIC
- Information on the search/view function of student web applications submitted to UIC, including url
- Current listing of netids and email addresses, by program code, for the notification/view and search/view of student web application functions
TOEFL Next Generation TOEFL-iBT
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is used extensively in Europe, Asia and Australia, and more frequently in the United States. Effective March 13, 2009 UIC will accept IELTS results, in addition to TOEFL.