Recommended Reading List for Graduate Students Thinking of Becoming a Teaching Professor
Recommended Reading List
Links below that lead to www.amazon.com are for information only and do not constitute any endorsement.
- Creating Significant Learning Experiences: An Integrated Approach to Designing Learning Courses. L. Dee Fink. 2013. link
- On Course: A Week-by-Week Guide to Your First Week of College Teaching. James Lang. 2010. link
- Student Engagement Techniques: A Handbook for College Faculty. Elizabeth Barkley. 2009. link
- Teaching At Its Best. Linda Nilson. 2010. link
- What The Best College Teachers Do. Ken Bain. 2004. link – Useful Web Sources to Help Teaching, Learning and Assessment
John Coumbe-Lilley, PhD. GC593 Foundations of College Teaching. April 2015.