You are here
Research at UIC
The UIC campus is currently ranked in the top fifty research institutions nationally. In all sources of research funding, UIC is third among Illinois universities.
The links below are a guide to conducting research at UIC:
- Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
- Office of Technology Management
- Research Services (Grant & Contract Proposals)
- Libraries at UIC
- Guide to UIC Research Centers and Institutes
- Research Centers and Institues (list)
- Research at UIC
- Research Policies
- Academic integrity
- Animal subjects
- Human subjects (Institutional Review Board) (includes monthly online newsletter for investigators and coordinators involved in human subjects research)
- Institutional Biosafety
The Health and Safety Section of the Environmental Health and Safety Office (EHSO) has several mandatory safety training programs for students. See the short descriptions provided below and consult with EHSO and your academic program to determine if any will be required for you, to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, as well as University policy.
- Laboratory Safety and Chemical Waste Management
- Introduction to Hazardous Material Shipping and Receiving
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training
- International Air Transportation Association (IATA)
- Biohazardous Materials
Research related training courses offered through the Graduate College:
Consult the current Schedule of Classes to determine if any these courses are offered for the upcoming term(s).