You are here
UIC is currently the most diverse graduate student body among America’s 50 leading research universities. 14.5% of the Graduate College student body is African American, Latino or Native American. In addition to underrepresented minority students, 7.1% of UIC’s graduate students are Asian American. Its “majority” population (which annually constitutes barely 50% of the graduate student body) is itself highly diverse in terms of ethnic and socioeconomic background. International students constitute about a quarter of total graduate students.
View a breakdown of the graduate student population by ethnicity according to the Fall 2010 Enrollment Report.
- Office for Recruitment & Diversity Affairs
- Fellows Mentoring and Support Initiative
- The PASSAGE Scholars Program
- McNair Day at UIC 2013
- McNair Day at UIC 2012
- 2013 IALHEA Diversity Dialogue and Research Forum
- Application Fee Waiver Programs
- Urban Health Program
- Graduate Pathways to Success
- Diversifying Higher Education Faculty in Illinois
- Summer Research Opportunities Program for Undergraduates