The Image of Research Exhibit Competition
A picture is worth a thousand words...
The Graduate College and the University Library are pleased to announce UIC's 7th annual interdisciplinary exhibit competition, The Image of Research with a new moving image category! This multi-disciplinary competition is open to any student enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program at UIC for the 2013-2014 academic year.
A multi-disciplinary jury will review submissions and award prizes to the winning entries. Images will be judged on originality, relationship to the student's research at UIC, and overall impact. An exhibit of the winners will be on display in the Richard J. Daley Library and the Library of Health Sciences. Winning entries will become part of the University Archives and will remain in an online gallery on the Graduate College website and in the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI) database.
1. Only one entry per person or collaborative group.
2. Submission must have been generated as part of the student's research within their graduate program at UIC, or to represent their research.
3. Entrant(s) must be principal creator(s) of image. Collaborative submissions are encouraged.
4. Submissions will be accepted beginning November 18, 2013 until January 10, 2014.
5. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that any relevant permissions have been sought, that no copyright has been infringed, and that any necessary release forms have been signed.
1. Download this entry form for static images and this entry form for moving images. Fill out the form and save the Word document with a file name consisting of your last name and the name of your program with no spaces in between. E.g. JonesArtHistory.doc.
2. For static image entries, select one image that you think provides the best visual documentation of your research, and save it with a file name consisting of your last name and the name of your program with no spaces in between. E.g. JonesArtHistory.tiff. This file must be in TIFF format at 300 PPI with the longest side of the image measuring at least 10.25 inches (or pixel dimensions of 3000 x 2300 pixels).
3. Send your completed entry form + TIFF file (if not entering the moving image category) by uploading through this link.